Jon Stewart

1,554 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by ChrisMcCulley
Tualatinduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now I'm normally not in agreement with Jon as he leans left and I lean right. But if you get a chance, he ripped Congress today over the 9/11 fund. I think that's something we can all get behind. Good for you Jon, get em!
PeninsulaDuck
Tualatinduck said:

Now I'm normally not in agreement with Jon as he leans left and I lean right. But if you get a chance, he ripped Congress today over the 9/11 fund. I think that's something we can all get behind. Good for you Jon, get em!
I agree but be careful with the politics....
Tualatinduck
Wasn't going political with that. Just saw it as awesome for our brothers and sisters in blue.

But agreed.
PeninsulaDuck
Tualatinduck said:

Wasn't going political with that. Just saw it as awesome for our brothers and sisters in blue.

But agreed.
Check you PM.
OregonDonor
He calls things like he's sees them, and often times makes it funny. He's right on about this subject which he usually is.
SaudiDuck
PeninsulaDuck said:

Tualatinduck said:

I agree but be careful with the politics....

It's not really politics if everyone not in Congress agrees with what he's saying.
ChrisMcCulley
Staff
Tualatinduck
Thanks for the link Chris. I suck at that on my phone.
Ducks.23
Agree love this testimony by Stewart. I am also very right but definitely agree with Stewart here. Congress wasting their time with "impeachment" proceedings and etc while ignoring keys issues such as this that help citizens in a very real way.
AD22
ChrisMcCulley said:

Great speech, didn't know Jon Stewart had it in him.
Tualatinduck
None of us did.
Duckjones
Tualatinduck said:

None of us did.
Plenty of us did...
Tru
Chris - thank you. Thank you so much for posting that link. Full disclosure, I am not a fan of Jon Stewart. I don't dislike him either - just indifferent. After watching that 5 minute segment I will certainly pay attention to what he has to say away from his television show.

The controlled frustration was palpable. I might even call it controlled rage that was patiently and tactfully released. Too little or too much emotion and the feeling is lost. What Jon did was deliver a message that gave me goosebumps. I've followed some of these proceedings from afar and unfortunately I'm not surprised at the current inaction. I was in Washington DC a couple weeks back for work. I was on "the hill"' and met with Oregon legislators. What surprised me more on this trip, was how often I felt like I was being assessed by the locals as to which side of the aisle I stood. One thing is clear to me, regardless of my own preferences, I believe most (if not all) will agree that what Jon Stewart did required the skilled professionalism of an orator that was willing to be completely vulnerable. He spoke his truth. A truth shared by many. I hope the persons "up there" took this message to heart - not just with this event - but with their obligations to do right by those whom put them in office.
PeninsulaDuck
Duckjones said:

Tualatinduck said:

None of us did.
Plenty of us did...
Really? I didn't see this out of him tbh.
hawaiiduck1
Very well said, Tru. Unforunately, I would be surprised, but very pleasantly so, if something substantial came of this.
Tualatinduck
Congress passed the bill to fund the program yesterday.
SonsofSteve
PeninsulaDuck said:

Duckjones said:

Tualatinduck said:

None of us did.
Plenty of us did...
Really? I didn't see this out of him tbh.

Well... You clearly weren't watching him. At all.
GoDucksScott
He has been all over this issue for many many years and devoted a lot of time on the Daily Show to it as well. Good for him for keeping up the fight for these heroes.
hawaiiduck1
Tualatinduck said:

Congress passed the bill to fund the program yesterday.
Well I'm very happy to be wrong about that! Way to go Jon!
Tru
Jon Stewart celebrates passage of 9/11 bill

Here's the link

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jon-stewart-celebrates-passage-of-9-11-bill-this-has-been-the-honor-of-my-life/ar-AAEL026
PeninsulaDuck
Tru said:

Here's the link

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jon-stewart-celebrates-passage-of-9-11-bill-this-has-been-the-honor-of-my-life/ar-AAEL026

Good on him (Stewart) for following thru on this and finally breaking thru! I don't often agree with him on politics, but it is/was a noble cause and thankful he fought for this!!!

This is a victory for America and mankind!
Thank you Mr. Stewart!
OregonDonor
Tru said:

Here's the link

Very cool. Way over due. Never understood why taking care of the people that take care of us should be political. Guess it's just my bleeding heart.
ChrisMcCulley
Staff
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.