The firearms enthusiast thread. Vets/LEO/2ND/Owners ONLY!!!

9,957 Views | 187 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by OTIME
PeninsulaDuck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://us.glock.com/en/press-release/news-page
Jsduck
Tualatinduck said:

I'm primarily a rifle guy myself but I'm looking for home protection and possibly CC.

Home protection, imho is a shotgun. Someone breaks in, your adrenaline is pumping, tunnel vision, it's much easier to hit something with the shotgun. Which hopefully you never need to use.
PeninsulaDuck
I need to focus on hand guns for a while.

Compact and sub compacts.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Experiences? Calibers?
PeninsulaDuck
https://www.handgunsmag.com/editorial/sig-sauer-p320-review/137787
Tualatinduck
Good Lord! I've never seen so many candidates on one stage so ignorant of guns and gun laws. These people are in Congress for crying out loud!
Ducks.23
Tualatinduck said:

Good Lord! I've never seen so many candidates on one stage so ignorant of guns and gun laws. These people are in Congress for crying out loud!

Agree
idmm80
Jsduck said:

Tualatinduck said:

I'm primarily a rifle guy myself but I'm looking for home protection and possibly CC.

Home protection, imho is a shotgun. Someone breaks in, your adrenaline is pumping, tunnel vision, it's much easier to hit something with the shotgun. Which hopefully you never need to use.
there will be different opinions but i would look in the 9mm subguns. CZ scorpion is an excellent one. ergos of a rifle so woman and child and hit what they aim especially with a red dot vs handgun you have to practice alot and with pistol rounds reduce risk of going through multiple walls. rifle/AR will go through that and outer walls. unfortunately shotgun will as well due to using buckshot for SD/HM and if they have a hostage you cant shoot.

I thought Shawn Ryan does an excellent job explaining this. Good Luck whatever you chose and stay safe.

PeninsulaDuck
Tualatinduck said:

All you need to know is what Beta keeps jawing about to know where they stand on the subject.
LikeLamike
PeninsulaDuck said:

Tualatinduck said:

All you need to know is what Beta keeps jawing about to know where they stand on the subject.
Listen.. I am a gun owner myself, but I see the same ignorance across the aisle when it comes to smart gun ownership and management. Maybe keep politics out of this thread?
PeninsulaDuck
LikeLamike said:

PeninsulaDuck said:

Tualatinduck said:

Listen.. I am a gun owner myself, but I see the same ignorance across the aisle when it comes to smart gun ownership and management. Maybe keep politics out of this thread?
All I am doing here is hinting at what he has said. It is public record. And it should alarm ALL responsible owners. That's not politics, it is public announcements by candidates. That makes it news.
I stand by what I have said here.
RedSoxDuck
idmm80 said:

Jsduck said:

Tualatinduck said:

there will be different opinions but i would look in the 9mm subguns. CZ scorpion is an excellent one. ergos of a rifle so woman and child and hit what they aim especially with a red dot vs handgun you have to practice alot and with pistol rounds reduce risk of going through multiple walls. rifle/AR will go through that and outer walls. unfortunately shotgun will as well due to using buckshot for SD/HM and if they have a hostage you cant shoot.

I thought Shawn Ryan does an excellent job explaining this. Good Luck whatever you chose and stay safe.

The CZ scorpion is by far my favorite firearm to shoot that I own. I don't take it to the range every time, only because I'd never shoot anything else. Also, there's a lot of quality of life improvements for it that I would recommend.
Rhino59

Good video about 3gun competition and good advice for novices like me
👎🏻🐩
OTIME
Thank you for sharring, really enjoyed this video.
Page 6 of 6

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.