The firearms enthusiast thread. Vets/LEO/2ND/Owners ONLY!!!

40,340 Views | 268 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TraegerDuck
BigRickDuck535
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OregonDonor said:

I'd like to see America take on the same policy. Lead poisoning is s real problem. I know copper cost more, which sucks, but eliminating all that lead from the enviroment would be great.

I thought we already had? **** I've been shooting steel forever
OregonDonor
I'm not sure, to be honest.

As of 2018 lead bullets were still legal in Oregon. Obama outlawed them on federal lands on his last day in office, but Trump reversed it a year later.

Lead poisoning is a major issue for a lot of scavenger wildlife, not to mention you don't want to eat meat that has lead in it.
This is a pretty good article.

https://www.bendbulletin.com/nation/hunters-are-moving-away-from-lead-bullets/article_203d6446-5add-5bbc-9835-7a4605686652.html#:~:text=In%20Oregon%2C%20hunters%20are%20not,number%20of%20state%20wildlife%20areas.&text=According%20to%20the%20U.S.%20Fish,on%20the%20brink%20of%20extinction.
Taurine
OregonDonor said:

As of 2018 lead bullets were still legal in Oregon. Obama outlawed them on federal lands on his last day in office, but Trump reversed it a year later.

Lead poisoning is a major issue for a lot of scavenger wildlife, not to mention you don't want to eat meat that has lead in it.

https://www.bendbulletin.com/nation/hunters-are-moving-away-from-lead-bullets/article_203d6446-5add-5bbc-9835-7a4605686652.html#:~:text=In%20Oregon%2C%20hunters%20are%20not,number%20of%20state%20wildlife%20areas.&text=According%20to%20the%20U.S.%20Fish,on%20the%20brink%20of%20extinction.

Lead shot is the issue and it's basically illegal to hunt with in Oregon.

https://myodfw.com/articles/how-hunt
OregonDonor
Taurine said:

OregonDonor said:

Lead shot is the issue and it's basically illegal to hunt with in Oregon.

https://myodfw.com/articles/how-hunt

Right, but it's not illegal. It should be. It shouldn't be an option. I still have a couple old cases of lead shot 12 gauge shells for my 870 Wingmaster that I need to dispose of.
PeninsulaDuck
Shut the efucck up and get off my thread.
Seeinggreen
PeninsulaDuck said:

Shut the efucck up and get off my thread.

Why? He's discussing the merits of ammo. I don't see why it's a problem to not like lead?
OregonDonor
Interesting perspective on the 2nd Amendment.

https://instagr.am/p/CNBctdHs7Qi
Duckraider
OregonDonor said:

Get out of here with that nonsense.
KeepOnDucking
Duckraider said:

OregonDonor said:

What wasn't accurate about what he said? I mean, I'll have to watch it one or two more times, but from what I gathered after watching it; everything that was said was factual. I'm not even anti-firearms(I might even own firearms), but there was nothing that dude said that was off-beam.
"Maybe Dana isn't exactly the recruiter people thought he was? Losing Stubblefield right now is beginning to look like final nail in the coffin."
Jsduck
BigRickDuck535 said:

OregonDonor said:

I'd like to see America take on the same policy. Lead poisoning is s real problem. I know copper cost more, which sucks, but eliminating all that lead from the enviroment would be great.

Lots of places have, they just leave this facts out.
PistolOverThePlace
KeepOnDucking said:

Duckraider said:

OregonDonor said:

What wasn't accurate about what he said? I mean, I'll have to watch it one or two more times, but from what I gathered after watching it; everything that was said was factual. I'm not even anti-firearms(I might even own firearms), but there was nothing that dude said that was off-beam.

It was ridiculous. If you think that is factual, then you should study US history a little closer. The verbiage alone should tell you there is a specific agenda being employed in the way this story is being relayed.
OregonDonor
Jsduck said:

BigRickDuck535 said:

OregonDonor said:

Lots of places have, they just leave this facts out.

Lots of places have and lots of places haven't. Lead shot needs to be eliminated across the board.
Jsduck
Meant to post this last month. But Costco has been having great deals on safes if anyone needs one. Got a bighorn for $550.
Alldukdup
AR-15 chambered in 7.62X39. I'll be your bump in the night!
,#CristoBALLIN!, I’m #alldukdup!
BigRickDuck535
Jsduck said:

Meant to post this last month. But Costco has been having great deals on safes if anyone needs one. Got a bighorn for $550.
I snagged one too a few months ago when they were running the deal. Pretty happy with it
Miggymvp4
Just bought online a p320 m17 anyone shot one
Miggymvp4
Also got a kimber 10mm a month ago that thing is awsome
OregonDonor
Miggymvp4 said:

Just bought online a p320 m17 anyone shot one

I haven't fired one before. Is that law enforcement issued?

I love my Beretta 92X full sized.
Miggymvp4
Nope I actually bought it on cabelas have to wait until it ships to the store in Springfield it's basically the p320 but in desert tan like the m17 sold to the military. I got it because the modular concept is awsome to.big for you hands buy a grid mod and drop your trigger assembly in it and you have a smaller gun not just changing the back strap
Miggymvp4
Usually I like my handguns to be either a 1911 or cz clones. Not a big fan of the few beretta I have shot my buddy has a 92 and a px4 and I can't stand the triggers on them seem mushy to me but he hates my cz's triggers so definitely a personal thing
TraegerDuck
I want to get some guns but the wife is 100% against it especially now that we have the baby. I don't want to go behind her back because that will just make matters worse.

Not sure exactly what to do. I try to sell the importance is being able to protect the family. I've looked up some non lethal options but I would just feel better with a gun. Maybe a nice metal bat and some pepper spray but I also want something to protect us when we're out and about.
Ionlypostwhenidrink
Have a buddy break into your house in the middle of the night, that'll f with her head!! Lmao!!
OregonDonor
Ionlypostwhenidrink said:

Have a buddy break into your house in the middle of the night, that'll f with her head!! Lmao!!

Then his wife throws a butcher knife through his buddies chest while Traeger is sleeping away. Lol
TraegerDuck
OregonDonor said:

Ionlypostwhenidrink said:

Then his wife throws a butcher knife through his buddies chest while Traeger is sleeping away. Lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.