The firearms enthusiast thread. Vets/LEO/2ND/Owners ONLY!!!

10,307 Views | 187 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by OTIME
MarinerDNA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Panzer has to be one of the hottest selling firearm on the market right now. My choice came down to that and the Typhoon towards the end. Started with a list of:

XTR - 12
Vepyr - 12
Armscor v60 or v80
Derya MK12
Citadel RS-S1
Standard SK Shorty
Black Aces Tactical DT

Looked through as many reviews and specs as I could and cross-checked with what I was looking for. Came down to the Typhoon, Panzer and Vepyr. I may revisit the Typhoon vs Panzer purchase when its time because the Panzer is sold out everywhere.
Miggymvp4
Only thing I wish was that the stock was a little longer but everyone of my buddy's that has shot it has had a huge grin on there face after
Rhino59
MarinerDNA said:

I own:

Saiga AK
Colt AR-15
Mosin Nagant

Will own in the near future:

Sig P365 - for carry
Typhoon F12 - 12 gauge semi-auto shotty
Remington 700 - long range
Ruger 10/22 - plinking

Have owned in the past:

Ruger SP101
Glock 36, 19
S&W MP 9mm
Kel-Tec .380

Im also looking to sell the AR on a slight discount or have it "fixed." The mag well annoys me. You have to thump the bottom on the first magazine. Ive just been dealing with it, but if I'm going to own an AR I want it working flawlessly. Thinking of of getting a Daniel Defense 6.5

If your looking for a Daniel defense I would recommend looking into a noveske AR. They are out of grant pass Oregon and my buddy just got one and loves it. Heard some people like them better then Daniel defense and are in the same price range. Noveske.com
👎🏻🐩
Rhino59
Miggymvp4 said:

Only thing I wish was that the stock was a little longer but everyone of my buddy's that has shot it has had a huge grin on there face after

Just checked out that panzer bullpup and that's definitely on my want list now. The price is better then I expected also. Soo excited
👎🏻🐩
Rhino59
I also like the oldies and want a old colt or something single action six
👎🏻🐩
PeninsulaDuck
PeninsulaDuck

PeninsulaDuck
PeninsulaDuck
Jerry is the MAN!!!

PeninsulaDuck
Rhino59
Jerry is amazing!!!!!! Him with that Barrett was really fun to watch
👎🏻🐩
OregonDonor
PeninsulaDuck said:

Packin Ducks said:

PeninsulaDuck said:

What is your favorite gun and why?

Mine is the old Hi-Standard (not manufactured anymore) single/double nine .22lr revolver my father taught me on at the age of 10. 9 round cylinder, nickel plated, just a ton of fun!
I own it and possess it now and my son has been eyeballing it for some time now. He knows it will be his someday!
My personal faves

Hand guns

Revolver- S&W TRR8
Semi -Volquartzen Scorpion

Rifles

Bolt- Cooper .308
Semi- Christensen CA-15

And pretty much any lever gun.

Lever guns are bad ass. I currently don't have one but my kid has two. Both Marlins, one is a 30-30 (good brush gun) and the other is a .44 mag he got to go boar hunting in Texas. Talk about a smooth recoul, that 44 is a Cadillac... could fire that all day!

I haven't shot any guns for many years, but I still have an old Marlin 30-30 lever action with open sites my dad gave me. Shot two deer with it when I was a teenager.

My favorite gun I have is my Remington 870 Wingmaster. It has such a smooth action and is just a breeze to shoot.
My Ruger 10-22 with the synthetic stock and nickel(stainless?) barrel is fun to play around with too.

I've never been super into guns, but my 19 year old has really caught the bug and bought 4 in the past year. I think I'm going to start going to the range with him, and let my 13 year old try out the old Winchester Bolt action.

Btw- anyone have any advice where to get a good original magazine for a Winchester Model 77? My dad bought the gun for my youngest but both the aftermarket magazines he bought jams after a few shots. Looks like we need original.
JurisDucktor
DJDuck said:

I am 72 yrs old and carry wherever I go. I have arthritic hands. I recently purchased a S&W M&P .380 EZ

Great gun for us seniors. Easy to rack. Easy to load. Easy to shoot and virtually no recoil. Has 2 safeties.

https://www.usacarry.com/shooting-golden-years/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=USACarry&utm_content=Shooting%20into%20Your%20Golden%20Years
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/smith-wesson-m-p-380-shield-ez-380-acp-compact-8-round-pistol-115681408

Holy cow, 18 oz!!! You weren't kidding, that's awesome.
DJDuck
I want this for my next firearm:

Panzer Arms 12 gauge semiautomatic Bullpup shotgun. It comes with two 5 rd mags for about $500. You can get 10 rd mags too. Buckshot and slugs are best.

https://www.panzerarms.com.tr/bullpup-1
Miggymvp4
I went with the none bull pup model wasn't worth the extra 150 to me for it to be bull pup 150 buys a lot of shotgun shells lol
Tru
OregonDonor said:

PeninsulaDuck said:

Packin Ducks said:

PeninsulaDuck said:

Mine is the old Hi-Standard (not manufactured anymore) single/double nine .22lr revolver my father taught me on at the age of 10. 9 round cylinder, nickel plated, just a ton of fun!
I own it and possess it now and my son has been eyeballing it for some time now. He knows it will be his someday!
My personal faves

Hand guns

Revolver- S&W TRR8

Rifles

Bolt- Cooper .308
Semi- Christensen CA-15

Lever guns are bad ass. I currently don't have one but my kid has two. Both Marlins, one is a 30-30 (good brush gun) and the other is a .44 mag he got to go boar hunting in Texas. Talk about a smooth recoul, that 44 is a Cadillac... could fire that all day!

I haven't shot any guns for many years, but I still have an old Marlin 30-30 lever action with open sites my dad gave me. Shot two deer with it when I was a teenager.

My favorite gun I have is my Remington 870 Wingmaster. It has such a smooth action and is just a breeze to shoot.
My Ruger 10-22 with the synthetic stock and nickel(stainless?) barrel is fun to play around with too.

I've never been super into guns, but my 19 year old has really caught the bug and bought 4 in the past year. I think I'm going to start going to the range with him, and let my 13 year old try out the old Winchester Bolt action.

Btw- anyone have any advice where to get a good original magazine for a Winchester Model 77? My dad bought the gun for my youngest but both the aftermarket magazines he bought jams after a few shots. Looks like we need original.

Is this the one? I'm a fan of the lever action too
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=marlin+30+30+lever+action+336&view=detail&mid=8EBAC48FC648A7B801658EBAC48FC648A7B80165&FORM=VIRE
OregonDonor
Tru said:

OregonDonor said:

PeninsulaDuck said:

Packin Ducks said:

PeninsulaDuck said:

My personal faves

Hand guns

Revolver- S&W TRR8

Rifles

Bolt- Cooper .308
Semi- Christensen CA-15

Is this the one? I'm a fan of the lever action too
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=marlin+30+30+lever+action+336&view=detail&mid=8EBAC48FC648A7B801658EBAC48FC648A7B80165&FORM=VIRE

I think so! I haven't touched it for many years. It's in a gun safe in a heated storage facility. It's an old one. I'd have to guess it's close to 40 or 50 years old. When I was younger I actually won some shooting competitions at our local range on a moving deer target from a hundred yards out, open sites. Great gun. Really need to get all my guns back out and clean them and hopefully shoot them soon. It's been way too long. Been busy working and raising kids, going to Duck games and drinking beer. Lol

Tru
I smell a SD meet at the range in the future...
OregonDonor
Tru said:

Yeah buddy!
Tru
OregonDonor said:

Tru said:

Yeah buddy!

This idea could backfire
PeninsulaDuck
OregonDonor said:

Tru said:

Yeah buddy!

I would be down if my schedule would allow it! I hope to have my ar sited before then. Put those Daniel Defence open sites on it but haven't shot it much since. Only time was a family reunion last year in Idaho and I didn't get much quiet range time to adjust it.
Was fun to watch my dad go thru 4 30 rd mags on a full auto m-4 though!!!
MarinerDNA
Yeah, I'm definitely talking about the non bullpup when I say Im looking at the Panzer. Bullpups are ok, but I felt awkward firing from that particular platform.
Duckman2
PeninsulaDuck said:

My number one carry weapon is my Sig Sauer P229. In .40, altho I am eyeballing the .357 barrel. Mags carry both and my son had a .357 Sig and when that thing cracked off the first time I heard it it really surprised me with how hard it sounded! Same same as a .357 mag in an auto loader?
Yes please!!!

I have the Sig P229 .357. Love it!
Also recently purchased a Sig P365 micro 9mm that i really like.

Have a custom built AR15 with a Vortex Strike Eagle scope, and a tactical flashlight with infared cover for night vision with Magpul grips and sling. Vcm angle foregrip. Hammers nails, love shooting that gun.

Home defense i have a Mossberg500 Scorpion Tactical with a Sig Sauer Romeo5 red dot. Adjustable stock, dual side saddle loads. Recently bought a keymod magpul pump for vertical grip. Stagger loads, first rock salt, second buck, third Slug.
Will have a Tactical flashlight on it soon.

Building a 9mm race gun with Holographic sight now.
Caught the fever

PeninsulaDuck
Duckman2 said:

PeninsulaDuck said:

My number one carry weapon is my Sig Sauer P229. In .40, altho I am eyeballing the .357 barrel. Mags carry both and my son had a .357 Sig and when that thing cracked off the first time I heard it it really surprised me with how hard it sounded! Same same as a .357 mag in an auto loader?
Yes please!!!

Have a custom built AR15 with a Vortex Strike Eagle scope, and a tactical flashlight with infared cover for night vision with Magpul grips and sling. Vcm angle foregrip. Hammers nails, love shooting that gun.

Home defense i have a Mossberg500 Scorpion Tactical with a Sig Sauer Romeo5 red dot. Adjustable stock, dual side saddle loads. Recently bought a keymod magpul pump for vertical grip. Stagger loads, first rock salt, second buck, third Slug.

Caught the fever

I love love Sig Sauer!!! CANNOT go wrong with a Sig IMO. What did you do to your AR to customize it? Always curious about other builds. I will break Mine down when I get puppy a bit more stable around here. Got quite a bit to say coming up on a bunch of stuff actually

That shotty I posted pics of is a Mossy also... 500 Persuader and I put that tactical stock on it nut it rides too high on my cheekbone for my tastes. It is an ATI and was an impulse buy and it will do til I find better. Perhaps something from Magpul or someone else.

So what is this 9mil race gun thing all about? Gotta admit you got me curious/

Glad you all are here on this thread. Been a dream of mine to start something like this for quite a long time, and y'all are doing this like champions!!!
BoiseDuck
PeninsulaDuck said:

Duckman2 said:

PeninsulaDuck said:

Yes please!!!

Caught the fever

I love love Sig Sauer!!! CANNOT go wrong with a Sig IMO. What did you do to your AR to customize it? Always curious about other builds. I will break Mine down when I get puppy a bit more stable around here. Got quite a bit to say coming up on a bunch of stuff actually

That shotty I posted pics of is a Mossy also... 500 Persuader and I put that tactical stock on it nut it rides too high on my cheekbone for my tastes. It is an ATI and was an impulse buy and it will do til I find better. Perhaps something from Magpul or someone else.

Glad you all are here on this thread. Been a dream of mine to start something like this for quite a long time, and y'all are doing this like champions!!!

For 3 gun and other shooting competitions
PeninsulaDuck
BoiseDuck said:

PeninsulaDuck said:

Duckman2 said:

PeninsulaDuck said:

Yes please!!!

Caught the fever

For 3 gun and other shooting competitions

I am all ears BoiseDuck!
OregonDonor
Anyone have any ideas about how to get an original magazine for a Remington Model 77 .22 rifle?
BoiseDuck
OregonDonor, is this what you are looking for ?
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/817303698

Or this
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/810884590
GorgeDuck
I own guns, raised in a household with guns, and been hunting since I was about 10....but never really felt the need or desire to talk about my guns, just wasn't raised to do so. But have no problem with others who are more into the community aspect of gun culture....to each their own.

That said, I do like asking others for their recommendations and reviews. I am looking into buying a .22 break barrel air rifle to use for small pest issues (mainly gophers and rabbits) on my property and also thought it would be a nice entry level gun for my niece and nephew to start learning on when they come visit with my brother. Does anyone own a Gamo Swarm Magnum? If so, would you recommend it and is it worth the higher price tag or can I get similar quality air rifle for less, something like a Beeman Kodiak combo that would allow for switching between .22 and .177 barrels and cost about $100 less? Or anything else you would recommend? Anything that has accuracy and tight grouping within 30-50 yards is really all I need for what I'm wanting to use it for.

Also, any recommendations on a biometric handgun safe for the nightstand? Is Vaultek the way to go or is there a brand that you like better? In general, I've never been very impressed with Sentry Safe products so probably wouldn't go that route. Billconch is another brand that I've been looking at.
Mosster47
GorgeDuck said:

I own guns, raised in a household with guns, and been hunting since I was about 10....but never really felt the need or desire to talk about my guns, just wasn't raised to do so. But have no problem with others who are more into the community aspect of gun culture....to each their own.

That said, I do like asking others for their recommendations and reviews. I am looking into buying a .22 break barrel air rifle to use for small pest issues (mainly gophers and rabbits) on my property and also thought it would be a nice entry level gun for my niece and nephew to start learning on when they come visit with my brother. Does anyone own a Gamo Swarm Magnum? If so, would you recommend it and is it worth the higher price tag or can I get similar quality air rifle for less, something like a Beeman Kodiak combo that would allow for switching between .22 and .177 barrels and cost about $100 less? Or anything else you would recommend? Anything that has accuracy and tight grouping within 30-50 yards is really all I need for what I'm wanting to use it for.

Also, any recommendations on a biometric handgun safe for the nightstand? Is Vaultek the way to go or is there a brand that you like better? In general, I've never been very impressed with Sentry Safe products so probably wouldn't go that route. Billconch is another brand that I've been looking at.
I have a Gamo Bone Collector and it does the job. We would shoot rabbits with it at work all the time. I think any of those .22 cal around $100 will get the job done.
Ducks.23
Sig 40 caliber is all I got now.

Used to have 22 long rifle, Ruger .22 handgun, Remington 12 gauge and Remington 20 guage. I did a lot of bird hunting in my youth (grouse, woodcock, quail, pheasant) Moved to the city and had to get rid of all my guns several years ago.
Packin Ducks
GorgeDuck said:

I was looking at buying a .22 air rifle as well. I needed to get rid of some pests and I didn't want a sound signature. Through a lot of pro/con research I chose a Weihrauch HW97. It's not cheap but incredibly accurate and very well made. I think Beeman makes the HW97 as well. This is a legacy rifle that will last generations. It functions as a break barrel but has a cocking rod below the fixed barrel instead. This really helps with accuracy. I didn't want to buy scuba tanks/compressor and all of the stuff that goes with a PCP rifle. I'm very happy with this choice. Go to Pyramid Air on line. It's the best selection of air rifles I could find stateside.
PeninsulaDuck
Packin Ducks said:

GorgeDuck said:

I was looking at buying a .22 air rifle as well. I needed to get rid of some pests and I didn't want a sound signature. Through a lot of pro/con research I chose a Weihrauch HW97. It's not cheap but incredibly accurate and very well made. I think Beeman makes the HW97 as well. This is a legacy rifle that will last generations. It functions as a break barrel but has a cocking rod below the fixed barrel instead. This really helps with accuracy. I didn't want to buy scuba tanks/compressor and all of the stuff that goes with a PCP rifle. I'm very happy with this choice. Go to Pyramid Air on line. It's the best selection of air rifles I could find stateside.

I have actually been thinking of a .25 cal air gun. Used to have a .20 cal Benjamin years ago and liked it but it was a pump, not a newer "spring" gun as they ALL are now seemingly - break barrel and no pumping. I have a .177 spring gun now and with proper pellets you can speed shot at 1200 fps or slow it down with ball and block rounds for more blunt force. Airguns are very popular in countries where they have taken away gun rights and the tech has really advanced. Let's not let it get to reliance on air guns though, if you all know what I mean...
OregonDonor
BoiseDuck said:

OregonDonor, is this what you are looking for ?
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/817303698

Or this
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/810884590
Yes! Thanks
OTIME
On my Christmas wish list for sure.
Page 4 of 6

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.