The firearms enthusiast thread. Vets/LEO/2ND/Owners ONLY!!!

21,593 Views | 243 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by ORNative
PeninsulaDuck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Need to brainstorm this... NEED....

FULL AUTO.
20' BULL BARREL
OPEN SIGHT
RED DOT
CO-WITNESS
CALIBER: MURDER HORNET

TARGET: ANYONE BEING VIOLENT OR DESTRUCTIVE AT A PEACE MARCH. NO MATTER WHO/WHAT/WHY.

URGENCY: NOW.

Signature Updated
predatorduck
What's the best defense weapon to use if rioters loot your home?
PeninsulaDuck
predatorduck said:

Are you being serious with me or clowning me?

Signature Updated
Ionlypostwhenidrink
Look on FOX News there's a great story on how deter looting.
Tru
predatorduck said:

Buckshot and bear spray
Jsduck
Glock 19 with a new the zev trigger job and new paint job.
OregonDonor
predatorduck said:

Just leave some PBR's and spliffs on the porch. They'll forget what they were doing.
OregonDonor
That's really nice.
I don't have a hand gun. Just rifles and shotguns. I used to be a big hunter, but it's been quite a while now.

Every time I check out hand guns they just feel too small for my hands. I have pretty big mitts, but I'd like to get something more mobile than my 30-06 or 870 Wingmaster. I really love my 870. It's so smooth. Great gun.
PeninsulaDuck
OregonDonor said:

That's really nice.
I don't have a hand gun. Just rifles and shotguns. I used to be a big hunter, but it's been quite a while now.

Every time I check out hand guns they just feel too small for my hands. I have pretty big mitts, but I'd like to get something more mobile than my 30-06 or 870 Wingmaster. I really love my 870. It's so smooth. Great gun.

Have you looked at full size or some refer to them as combat size, handguns?

And lol'd at you deterrent system

Signature Updated
OregonDonor
I'm not sure. I haven't really looked that much. Just at a Pawn shop I go to to get tools and stuff. Probably better off going to an actual gun shop.
PeninsulaDuck
OregonDonor said:

I'm not sure. I haven't really looked that much. Just at a Pawn shop I go to to get tools and stuff. Probably better off going to an actual gun shop.

Probably. Also check out stores like cabelas and the like. Shooting ranges will often rent out guns if you buy their house ammo. It's a good cheap way to figure out what's gonna fit those mitts.

Signature Updated
Jsduck
Yeah, I'd hit up indoor ranges when they are open. Get a feel for the gun. If you have big hands, you can't beat a 1911.
Jsduck
I only have the glock as a handgun. Had a super blackhawk, that I foolishly let go. Loved that gun when I was out hunting. Carry double tap ammo, 400 grain bullet. Never have to worry about a bear.

Right now I just have a A Bolt 300 win mag, and a winchester 30-30 for my daughters to learn with. Then a couple of older guns passed down from my great grandfather. Been looking at building an AR, but finding the time to justify it, has been my only holdup.
predatorduck
PeninsulaDuck said:

predatorduck said:

I am serious.
PeninsulaDuck
predatorduck said:

PeninsulaDuck said:

predatorduck said:

I am serious.
it's not a one word or one sentence answer. What is your situation? And dm is ok too here. Everyone has a home to defend.

Signature Updated
Taurine
OregonDonor said:

Look at a FN FNX-45, it's a double stack 45, so it's a pretty beefy piece.
PeninsulaDuck
Just letting y'all know I am pretty much done here on SD. I cannot support a guy that says no politics, yet lets the leftist *******s run the site with impunity. Not going to personally fund Justin any more. I can always hear news later.

Signature Updated
rickman535
PeninsulaDuck said:

Just letting y'all know I am pretty much done here on SD. I cannot support a guy that says no politics, yet lets the leftist *******s run the site with impunity. Not going to personally fund Justin any more. I can always hear news later.

It's no politics on the main board. But if you need a safe space I guess that's not here. Good luck out there
predatorduck
PeninsulaDuck said:

Crazy to think you might be a grown man.
rickman535
Speaking of this thread though, i get my strike industries compensator for my g19 tomorrow. I will put up some pics after i put it on. I also just added a SureFire light to it the other day.. We've unfortunately had a tweaker getting up in the properties by mine so i figured it was a good time to add a light to it.
LikeLamike
Been thinking about getting a new deer hunting rifle for this fall. Have used a cheap Remington .30-06 for years, but kind of want to upgrade to something a little nicer. Have been looking into getting a 6.5 creedmoor because I have heard really good things about them.

Any suggestions?

rickman535
LikeLamike said:

Been thinking about getting a new deer hunting rifle for this fall. Have used a cheap Remington .30-06 for years, but kind of want to upgrade to something a little nicer. Have been looking into getting a 6.5 creedmoor because I have heard really good things about them.

Any suggestions?

Creedmoor is super expensive to buy / shoot a lot unless you reload. I'm super happy with the .308's i've had and would recommend those highly. Relatively inexpensive to shoot, great accurate round with consistent drops.

Creedmoor is going to be more accurate at long long ranges, but here in Oregon most likely your shots are going to be under 500 yards, the .308 or 30-06 are going to do that really well also. The Creedmoor isn't going to really outshine those until you get to the 500-1k range, which most people arent comfortable shooting anyhow.. I personally wouldn't waste the premium for a deer rifle on a creedmoor, but that being said i am building a creedmoor AR right now so i guess thats hippocritical >.<...

tldr: creedmoor is going to be spendy and you're not going to get much performance gains on it sub 500 yard shots from any other 30 cal bullet for hunting in oregon.
rickman535

https://imgur.com/a/gJn0aZG

Got my compensator and light on my G19 gen4.. My upgrades so far are those, plus the zev trigger spring change and the teran tactical extended mag
predatorduck
rickman535 said:

Got my compensator and light on my G19 gen4.. My upgrades so far are those, plus the zev trigger spring change and the teran tactical extended mag

That'll plug a good sized hole in even skinniest tweaker.
rickman535
predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

how do i get the image to display natively? do you know?
predatorduck
rickman535 said:

predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

If it's saved to your device you can add it directly to the post by clicking the Image button.

rickman535
predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

If it's saved to your device you can add it directly to the post by clicking the Image button.

Ah tyty!

predatorduck
rickman535 said:

predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

Ah tyty!

No problem. So what's up with this tweaker?
rickman535
predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

Ah tyty!

No problem. So what's up with this tweaker?

We haven't seen him up here since he stole the neighbors garage door openers. We happened to put up a bunch of landscaping lights around the property as well coincidentally and i doubt he's been around my place since then.. the security cameras go up this weekend though as well so if he is coming at night that will alert me. Basically the sheriff said we need to catch him in the act. He's been called on him 15+ times already for breaking into shops up here.
ORNative
rickman535 said:

predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

Ah tyty!

That's a real nice set up 535
rickman535
ORNative said:

rickman535 said:

predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

predatorduck said:

rickman535 said:

Ah tyty!

That's a real nice set up 535

Ty! It's a nail driver that's for sure. Not the most fun gun I have but it's my take everywhere gun mostly. My carry is the 43 but it's way too small for my hands to be comfortable to shoot.
KeepOnDucking
OregonDonor said:

Beretta 92
Sig 229
Walter PPQ M2

All nice guns and will fit big hands.
Autzen14
Lastest addition to the collection. FX-9 from Freedom Ordnance. It being 9mm is nice at keeping the ammo costs down.
ORNative
Autzen14 said:

Lastest addition to the collection. FX-9 from Freedom Ordnance. It being 9mm is nice at keeping the ammo costs down.

Very nice!
Page 7 of 7

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.