Where were you at 25 years ago....

1,299 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Tru
ChrisMcCulley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Tru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My younger sister was having a get together with her soccer team and I was obligated to attend. Couldn't really talk to the adults or younger kids so I found a stool in the kitchen and was just watching the news on TV when the white Bronco appeared. Apparently someone was trying to get my attention but I was engrossed. Didn't reply or flinch. Then some adults began to migrate over and started talking about OJ and seeing him at Autzen along with some other venues. I just sat, ate some food and watched. I remember some questions being asked but mostly just watching this white Bronco literally being escorted down a busy CA freeway.

Still remember it today. Where I was and how I watched.
Tualatinduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was at work in Ponca City Oklahoma when that suddenly came on the TV. We were glued.
OregonDonor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Grateful Dead were playing Autzen that weekend so I was in Eugene for that. My bro was playing for Oregon at the time so I was staying at his place. His roommate turned on the news of OJ being chased in his bronco, and kept saying "OJ's on the loose! OJ's on the loose! " and I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard. I may have been slightly under the influence. Haha

LikeLamike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A fetus
GoDucksScott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Home watching the NBA finals. At some point we flipped over to the news to watch the coverage instead of the game. We ordered pizza and they apologized as it took them well over an hour to get delivered. Apparently they were flooded with orders as everyone else was home and didn't want to leave the TV to get/make food.
DeLaNoche
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was at work at a bindery. We were making Window '95 books.
PM Jriv for the screenshot
Pdxbeerguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was the night manager at the Zupans in WL. Had to be the SLOWEST night ever as everybody was glued to their TVs.
1stStringer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Annoyed that instead of watching TGIF i had to watch some stupid white bronco driving down the freeway
PistolOverThePlace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LikeLamike said:

A fetus


onaduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GoDucksScott said:

Home watching the NBA finals. At some point we flipped over to the news to watch the coverage instead of the game. We ordered pizza and they apologized as it took them well over an hour to get delivered. Apparently they were flooded with orders as everyone else was home and didn't want to leave the TV to get/make food.
The television network actually cut away from the NBA Finals game to cover OJ. I was watching the game when the news broke and the announcers starting talking about it, and then they went split screen, and then they eventually just abandoned the NBA finals. lol.
Jseahawks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't remember.

There are two "I will always remember where I was" moments in my life, and OJ wasnt one of them. One was being in an elementary school assembly watching the Challenger explode. The second was listening to the Howard stern show on my way to work on 9/11.
Mosster47
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChrisMcCulley said:


Watching this.
Ed O
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was in Sacramento. Some friends and I were driving cross-country from Northwestern to Oregon and made a series of stops including Denver and Sacramento, and that's where we watched this happen.

I'm pretty sure that's accurate. It's how I remember it, at least
VanDuck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jseahawks said:

I don't remember.

There are two "I will always remember where I was" moments in my life, and OJ wasnt one of them. One was being in an elementary school assembly watching the Challenger explode. The second was listening to the Howard stern show on my way to work on 9/11.
I remember where I was for those two tragic events as well. I remember sitting in a PSU lecture hall and an announcement coming over the PA system that all classes had been canceled due to the tragedy. I too was listening to the radio (KXL) on my way to work pretty early in the morning, and the news was reporting that a Cesna airplane hit one of the towers... boy didn't expect what followed. I remember where I was during some other significant events, but yeah, those two definitely stand out.
KeepOnDucking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was 17 and touring with thr Grateful Dead. Ironically enough, June 18th was Autzen Stadium. I didn't even know about the OJ thing until about three weeks later when the West coast tour ended.
LikeLamike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PistolOverThePlace said:

LikeLamike said:

A fetus



lmfao
DeLaNoche
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KeepOnDucking said:

I was 17 and touring with thr Grateful Dead. Ironically enough, June 18th was Autzen Stadium. I didn't even know about the OJ thing until about three weeks later when the West coast tour ended.
And the LSD wore off?
PM Jriv for the screenshot
Tualatinduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PistolOverThePlace said:

LikeLamike said:

A fetus





Savage
KeepOnDucking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DeLaNoche said:

KeepOnDucking said:

I was 17 and touring with thr Grateful Dead. Ironically enough, June 18th was Autzen Stadium. I didn't even know about the OJ thing until about three weeks later when the West coast tour ended.
And the LSD wore off?


SaudiDuck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My baseball team had just won our Little League Double A championship and my likely alcoholic coach was blasting "We are the Champions" from the back of his 80's conversion van.
kgcollins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Probably watching Duck Tales
onaduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SaudiDuck said:

My baseball team had just won our Little League Double A championship and my likely alcoholic coach was blasting "We are the Champions" from the back of his 80's conversion van.
Summer rules! As do conversion vans!
Tru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kgcollins said:

Probably watching Duck Tales

2nd place behind KOD's trip
Unless you were binge watching...
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.