Novel Carona virus

258,631 Views | 5456 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by twindux
Duckwad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
akaTheo said:

Duckwad said:

Plaxicosturgeon said:

Native's resume:
Calls mentally handicapped people mongoloids.
Calls Native Americans, Indians, because he doesn't really care about them.
Calls COVID, the China flu, because they did it.
Insists Kamala slept her way to the top.
Calls you DickWad, and that's cool I guess.
That's just off the top of my head having read this thread since May. I figured this guy could take a joke about his wife being unattractive. Totally ok with being banned. Native and Monroe are the only ones allowed to be blatantly offensive. No fun.

There's no love lost between me and ORNative, but there's no excuse for crossing this boundary. This is a good thread and doesn't need to be locked up for your decision to go far outside the boundaries of decency. Just erase it and then feel free to call him out every time he's offensive. Let's not be this type people.
Adding to this, anyone that quoted the original should edit their own to remove the quote until the original is deleted.
yep edited my initial reply
onaduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Native tries to stir the pot, but he's earned his right to be here and speak his mind. Feel free to disagree with him. But let's not put him on the same level as Peoria, who I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's behind the newbie who showed up today. Native is at least somewhat sincere. Peoria trolls the dead and suffering and doesn't even believe half the things he posts and likely has a handful of accounts here.
onaduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ORNative said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Deanmikos said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Plaxicosturgeon said:

Native's resume:
Calls mentally handicapped people mongoloids.
Calls Native Americans, Indians, because he doesn't really care about them.
Calls COVID, the China flu, because they did it.
Insists Kamala slept her way to the top.
Calls you DickWad, and that's cool I guess.
That's just off the top of my head having read this thread since May. I figured this guy could take a joke about his wife being unattractive. Totally ok with being banned. Native and Monroe are the only ones allowed to be blatantly offensive. No fun.

None of this stuff is an excuse. This a serious line to cross and nobody should support it. ORNative is a troll but this is beyond the pale. I wouldn't be surprised if the OT board goes belly up now, and maybe it's for the best if it's headed this direction.
Totally agree that wife stuff is off the table but damn, ORNative has said some crazy **** on this board. I don't remember the handicapped thing. Did he really say that? That's messed up.

ORNative is a major league troll who has never done anything here except start arguments and flame people, and IMO he is overdue for a temporary ban of his own, but when you start invading people's privacy, it's a bridge too far.
Banning me is a ridiculous idea. The ONLY time I deserved to be put on probation is back when Wad and I were getting into it on a personal basis. We've cleaned that up for the most part. Ban?! Ridiculous!
I agree, Native.
TRILL WALTON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ORNative said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Deanmikos said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Plaxicosturgeon said:

Native's resume:
Calls mentally handicapped people mongoloids.
Calls Native Americans, Indians, because he doesn't really care about them.
Calls COVID, the China flu, because they did it.
Insists Kamala slept her way to the top.
Calls you DickWad, and that's cool I guess.
That's just off the top of my head having read this thread since May. I figured this guy could take a joke about his wife being unattractive. Totally ok with being banned. Native and Monroe are the only ones allowed to be blatantly offensive. No fun.

None of this stuff is an excuse. This a serious line to cross and nobody should support it. ORNative is a troll but this is beyond the pale. I wouldn't be surprised if the OT board goes belly up now, and maybe it's for the best if it's headed this direction.
Totally agree that wife stuff is off the table but damn, ORNative has said some crazy **** on this board. I don't remember the handicapped thing. Did he really say that? That's messed up.

ORNative is a major league troll who has never done anything here except start arguments and flame people, and IMO he is overdue for a temporary ban of his own, but when you start invading people's privacy, it's a bridge too far.
Banning me is a ridiculous idea. The ONLY time I deserved to be put on probation is back when Wad and I were getting into it on a personal basis. We've cleaned that up for the most part. Ban?! Ridiculous!

Buddy, you're a troll. You admitted it on the previous page of this thread lol. Ona brought up that all you do is play "gotcha games" and you responded with "Yes. That's true." You might think you have this honorable crusade where you provide another "viewpoint" to a "one-sided" board, but that's not the case at all. You are a troll. And your combination of ignorance and arrogance leads you to make comments like the "mongoloid" thing, which is to say nothing of the time you promoted an anti-Semitic George Soros conspiracy.

So yeah, you deserve a two week ban for trolling. Maybe you'd use the time out to learn how to discuss things in good faith.
Duckwad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ORNative said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Deanmikos said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Plaxicosturgeon said:

Native's resume:
Calls mentally handicapped people mongoloids.
Calls Native Americans, Indians, because he doesn't really care about them.
Calls COVID, the China flu, because they did it.
Insists Kamala slept her way to the top.
Calls you DickWad, and that's cool I guess.
That's just off the top of my head having read this thread since May. I figured this guy could take a joke about his wife being unattractive. Totally ok with being banned. Native and Monroe are the only ones allowed to be blatantly offensive. No fun.

None of this stuff is an excuse. This a serious line to cross and nobody should support it. ORNative is a troll but this is beyond the pale. I wouldn't be surprised if the OT board goes belly up now, and maybe it's for the best if it's headed this direction.
Totally agree that wife stuff is off the table but damn, ORNative has said some crazy **** on this board. I don't remember the handicapped thing. Did he really say that? That's messed up.

ORNative is a major league troll who has never done anything here except start arguments and flame people, and IMO he is overdue for a temporary ban of his own, but when you start invading people's privacy, it's a bridge too far.
Banning me is a ridiculous idea. The ONLY time I deserved to be put on probation is back when Wad and I were getting into it on a personal basis. We've cleaned that up for the most part. Ban?! Ridiculous!

This is probably a good reminder to tone down the rhetoric. We don't have to agree with each other or even respect one another, but we can keep it to disagreeing over the content.
ORNative
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TRILL WALTON said:

ORNative said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Deanmikos said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Plaxicosturgeon said:

Native's resume:
Calls mentally handicapped people mongoloids.
Calls Native Americans, Indians, because he doesn't really care about them.
Calls COVID, the China flu, because they did it.
Insists Kamala slept her way to the top.
Calls you DickWad, and that's cool I guess.
That's just off the top of my head having read this thread since May. I figured this guy could take a joke about his wife being unattractive. Totally ok with being banned. Native and Monroe are the only ones allowed to be blatantly offensive. No fun.

None of this stuff is an excuse. This a serious line to cross and nobody should support it. ORNative is a troll but this is beyond the pale. I wouldn't be surprised if the OT board goes belly up now, and maybe it's for the best if it's headed this direction.
Totally agree that wife stuff is off the table but damn, ORNative has said some crazy **** on this board. I don't remember the handicapped thing. Did he really say that? That's messed up.

ORNative is a major league troll who has never done anything here except start arguments and flame people, and IMO he is overdue for a temporary ban of his own, but when you start invading people's privacy, it's a bridge too far.
Banning me is a ridiculous idea. The ONLY time I deserved to be put on probation is back when Wad and I were getting into it on a personal basis. We've cleaned that up for the most part. Ban?! Ridiculous!

Buddy, you're a troll. You admitted it on the previous page of this thread lol. Ona brought up that all you do is play "gotcha games" and you responded with "Yes. That's true." You might think you have this honorable crusade where you provide another "viewpoint" to a "one-sided" board, but that's not the case at all. You are a troll. And your combination of ignorance and arrogance leads you to make comments like the "mongoloid" thing, which is to say nothing of the time you promoted an anti-Semitic George Soros conspiracy.

So yeah, you deserve a two week ban for trolling. Maybe you'd use the time out to learn how to discuss things in good faith.
Call me what you like THRILL. Like I've said in the past, your opinion of me doesn't matter to me. You don't like me. That's fine. I don't like ANYTHING you post but I'm not a crybaby about it asking for you to get banned. You're just a bully trying to censor people (me) because I don't conform to what you want. Get over it. I put up with your tyrannical nonsense. You'll be the first in line to censor people when the First Amendment gets trampled on. You've proven that right here right now. Put on your Big Boy pants and grow a pair.




I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people. - Jack Handy
onaduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trill can you lay off? Let's not get into a whole string of tit for tat over the same old same old.
Duckwad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ORNative said:

TRILL WALTON said:

ORNative said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Deanmikos said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Plaxicosturgeon said:

Native's resume:
Calls mentally handicapped people mongoloids.
Calls Native Americans, Indians, because he doesn't really care about them.
Calls COVID, the China flu, because they did it.
Insists Kamala slept her way to the top.
Calls you DickWad, and that's cool I guess.
That's just off the top of my head having read this thread since May. I figured this guy could take a joke about his wife being unattractive. Totally ok with being banned. Native and Monroe are the only ones allowed to be blatantly offensive. No fun.

None of this stuff is an excuse. This a serious line to cross and nobody should support it. ORNative is a troll but this is beyond the pale. I wouldn't be surprised if the OT board goes belly up now, and maybe it's for the best if it's headed this direction.
Totally agree that wife stuff is off the table but damn, ORNative has said some crazy **** on this board. I don't remember the handicapped thing. Did he really say that? That's messed up.

ORNative is a major league troll who has never done anything here except start arguments and flame people, and IMO he is overdue for a temporary ban of his own, but when you start invading people's privacy, it's a bridge too far.
Banning me is a ridiculous idea. The ONLY time I deserved to be put on probation is back when Wad and I were getting into it on a personal basis. We've cleaned that up for the most part. Ban?! Ridiculous!

Buddy, you're a troll. You admitted it on the previous page of this thread lol. Ona brought up that all you do is play "gotcha games" and you responded with "Yes. That's true." You might think you have this honorable crusade where you provide another "viewpoint" to a "one-sided" board, but that's not the case at all. You are a troll. And your combination of ignorance and arrogance leads you to make comments like the "mongoloid" thing, which is to say nothing of the time you promoted an anti-Semitic George Soros conspiracy.

So yeah, you deserve a two week ban for trolling. Maybe you'd use the time out to learn how to discuss things in good faith.
Call me what you like THRILL. Like I've said in the past, your opinion of me doesn't matter to me. You don't like me. That's fine. I don't like ANYTHING you post but I'm not a crybaby about it asking for you to get banned. You're just a bully trying to censor people (me) because I don't conform to what you want. Get over it. I put up with your tyrannical nonsense. You'll be the first in line to censor people when the First Amendment gets trampled on. You've proven that right here right now. Put on your Big Boy pants and grow a pair.





Why is it so hard for conservatives to understand what the first amendment does. Pro tip: read the first sentence, "Congress shall make no law...". The first amendment has literally no relevance to one's ability to post on a privately owned message board.
ORNative
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Duckwad said:

ORNative said:

TRILL WALTON said:

ORNative said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Deanmikos said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Plaxicosturgeon said:

Native's resume:
Calls mentally handicapped people mongoloids.
Calls Native Americans, Indians, because he doesn't really care about them.
Calls COVID, the China flu, because they did it.
Insists Kamala slept her way to the top.
Calls you DickWad, and that's cool I guess.
That's just off the top of my head having read this thread since May. I figured this guy could take a joke about his wife being unattractive. Totally ok with being banned. Native and Monroe are the only ones allowed to be blatantly offensive. No fun.

None of this stuff is an excuse. This a serious line to cross and nobody should support it. ORNative is a troll but this is beyond the pale. I wouldn't be surprised if the OT board goes belly up now, and maybe it's for the best if it's headed this direction.
Totally agree that wife stuff is off the table but damn, ORNative has said some crazy **** on this board. I don't remember the handicapped thing. Did he really say that? That's messed up.

ORNative is a major league troll who has never done anything here except start arguments and flame people, and IMO he is overdue for a temporary ban of his own, but when you start invading people's privacy, it's a bridge too far.
Banning me is a ridiculous idea. The ONLY time I deserved to be put on probation is back when Wad and I were getting into it on a personal basis. We've cleaned that up for the most part. Ban?! Ridiculous!

Buddy, you're a troll. You admitted it on the previous page of this thread lol. Ona brought up that all you do is play "gotcha games" and you responded with "Yes. That's true." You might think you have this honorable crusade where you provide another "viewpoint" to a "one-sided" board, but that's not the case at all. You are a troll. And your combination of ignorance and arrogance leads you to make comments like the "mongoloid" thing, which is to say nothing of the time you promoted an anti-Semitic George Soros conspiracy.

So yeah, you deserve a two week ban for trolling. Maybe you'd use the time out to learn how to discuss things in good faith.
Call me what you like THRILL. Like I've said in the past, your opinion of me doesn't matter to me. You don't like me. That's fine. I don't like ANYTHING you post but I'm not a crybaby about it asking for you to get banned. You're just a bully trying to censor people (me) because I don't conform to what you want. Get over it. I put up with your tyrannical nonsense. You'll be the first in line to censor people when the First Amendment gets trampled on. You've proven that right here right now. Put on your Big Boy pants and grow a pair.





Why is it so hard for conservatives to understand what the first amendment does. Pro tip: read the first sentence, "Congress shall make no law...". The first amendment has literally no relevance to one's ability to post on a privately owned message board.
I'm not confusing the two. I'm saying if he was in congress and could pass a law that would trample the 1st Am , because people say (post) things he disagrees with, he would in a heartbeat.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people. - Jack Handy
onaduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Please argue over in the news thread and leave this thread to virus specific information and arguing.
ORNative
How long do you want to ignore this user?
onaduck said:

Please argue over in the news thread and leave this thread to virus specific information and arguing.
Ok.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people. - Jack Handy
TRILL WALTON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ORNative said:

TRILL WALTON said:

ORNative said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Deanmikos said:

TRILL WALTON said:

Plaxicosturgeon said:

Native's resume:
Calls mentally handicapped people mongoloids.
Calls Native Americans, Indians, because he doesn't really care about them.
Calls COVID, the China flu, because they did it.
Insists Kamala slept her way to the top.
Calls you DickWad, and that's cool I guess.
That's just off the top of my head having read this thread since May. I figured this guy could take a joke about his wife being unattractive. Totally ok with being banned. Native and Monroe are the only ones allowed to be blatantly offensive. No fun.

None of this stuff is an excuse. This a serious line to cross and nobody should support it. ORNative is a troll but this is beyond the pale. I wouldn't be surprised if the OT board goes belly up now, and maybe it's for the best if it's headed this direction.
Totally agree that wife stuff is off the table but damn, ORNative has said some crazy **** on this board. I don't remember the handicapped thing. Did he really say that? That's messed up.

ORNative is a major league troll who has never done anything here except start arguments and flame people, and IMO he is overdue for a temporary ban of his own, but when you start invading people's privacy, it's a bridge too far.
Banning me is a ridiculous idea. The ONLY time I deserved to be put on probation is back when Wad and I were getting into it on a personal basis. We've cleaned that up for the most part. Ban?! Ridiculous!

Buddy, you're a troll. You admitted it on the previous page of this thread lol. Ona brought up that all you do is play "gotcha games" and you responded with "Yes. That's true." You might think you have this honorable crusade where you provide another "viewpoint" to a "one-sided" board, but that's not the case at all. You are a troll. And your combination of ignorance and arrogance leads you to make comments like the "mongoloid" thing, which is to say nothing of the time you promoted an anti-Semitic George Soros conspiracy.

So yeah, you deserve a two week ban for trolling. Maybe you'd use the time out to learn how to discuss things in good faith.
Call me what you like THRILL. Like I've said in the past, your opinion of me doesn't matter to me. You don't like me. That's fine. I don't like ANYTHING you post but I'm not a crybaby about it asking for you to get banned. You're just a bully trying to censor people (me) because I don't conform to what you want. Get over it. I put up with your tyrannical nonsense. You'll be the first in line to censor people when the First Amendment gets trampled on. You've proven that right here right now. Put on your Big Boy pants and grow a pair.
Quote:

Trill can you lay off? Let's not get into a whole string of tit for tat over the same old same old.
Here's where I'll leave it: Native is a self-admitted troll. We all know he is a troll. He doesn't operate in good faith; he provides nothing constructive here. His goal is to post "gotcha games" that start fights, derail threads, and make the OT board a problem. I'm not "censoring" him because what I'm saying has little to do with his opinions or viewpoints -- I'm not even fully sure what his true opinions or viewpoints are because he doesn't speak sincerely, his posts are just inflammatory reflexes motivated by whatever vaguely left-wing thing has been posted.

So, considering the site-wide initiative to clean up trolling on this site (anyone seen MarFar lately?), he fits that bill and then some. I didn't say permanent ban, I said a temporary ban because he -- more than anyone here besides Monroe -- is the common denominator of most arguments and bickering. Again, it's not about "censorship." I don't want to get rid of him because I "disagree" with him. I don't want to get rid of him, period. We had a left-wing troll in here just now that literally doxx'd him, and I defended him. I even flagged the post. So let's not pretend like I'm playing along political lines. This isn't a "censorship" issue and it's not "tyrannical." ORNative deliberately agitates people here and that sort of thing isn't allowed. Not sure why this is so out of bounds. A temporary ban seems more than appropriate.
Duck24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The chode who posted Native's wife was way out of line, we can all agree. Native has troll tendencies but this is an online forum, it can be expected and for the most part, he doesn't bother me. We have vastly different opinions on most things, but who cares?

It'd be nice if the Mods could just nuke the last 30 or so posts and get back on topic.
onaduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-cites-deep-concerns-151717577.html
ORNative
How long do you want to ignore this user?
onaduck said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-cites-deep-concerns-151717577.html
Nothing would make me happier if this is where Biden made a name for himself. Standing up to China and WHO. The world deserves real answers not WHO acting like the PR firm for the Chinese Communist Party. China only respects strength and can smell weakness from 4000 miles away. We'll see if the old guy has any testosterone left in him.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people. - Jack Handy
onaduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I only recognize a couple of the names on this list, and make no claims to whether this is a fair and actual reporting of some of the claims, but some of this stuff is just hard to square with common sense:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/superspreaders-behind-top-covid-19-051017790.html
ORNative
How long do you want to ignore this user?
onaduck said:

I only recognize a couple of the names on this list, and make no claims to whether this is a fair and actual reporting of some of the claims, but some of this stuff is just hard to square with common sense:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/superspreaders-behind-top-covid-19-051017790.html


I only know the Iranians at the end. Interesting though.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people. - Jack Handy
Back2Back Pac12 Champs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reminder that 99% of Florida students have access to in person classes and there is no evidence that it's resulted in more Covid transmission.
OregonDonor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Back2Back Pac12 Champs said:

Reminder that 99% of Florida students have access to in person classes and there is no evidence that it's resulted in more Covid transmission.

Hard to gather any evidence when you stop counting.
OregonDonor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is really interesting and may answer why African Americans have been hit harder by Covid; they have less Neanderthal in them than their Asian/European counterparts.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-some-neandertal-genes-protection-severe-covid-19
Duckwad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty huge if they're able to do just one shot of the Pfizer vaccine.
OregonDonor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mumblerduck said:

Might be an opportunity to do some selective buying in the market.

Man, I so wish I had been trading back then. A guy could have turned $5k into $50k, probably more, of they'd bought in March.
onaduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This seems pretty optimistic, so hopefully we'll be past any other major waves:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/02/why-covid-19-cases-are-falling-so-fast/618041/

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/02/summer-2021-pandemic/618088/
Back2Back Pac12 Champs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ORNative
How long do you want to ignore this user?
13% of the population vaccinated.
77% drop in Covid infection.
55% of the population has been infected with Covid to date.

1) Senior Cits were the main issue and are now vaccinated.
2) 55% is translating into herd immunity with + the seniors vaccinated
3) ?

77% drop in not solely due to 13% being vaccinated.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people. - Jack Handy
GorgeDuck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ORNative said:

13% of the population vaccinated.
77% drop in Covid infection.
55% of the population has been infected with Covid to date.

1) Senior Cits were the main issue and are now vaccinated.
2) 55% is translating into herd immunity with + the seniors vaccinated
3) ?

77% drop in not solely due to 13% being vaccinated.
Where are you pulling your random 55% from?

There have been around 30M confirmed cases, which is only about 9%. Even accounting and adjusting for asymptomatic cases that never got confirmed with a test, no one thinks that number is near the 150M that you would need to get you to your 55% infected.
onaduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The estimate of infected and vaccinated from Covid19projections is 28% in the most recent release.

They do place 41% on the high end and 19% on the low end of projections to arrive at their mean.

The latest is 40 million have been vaccinated with at least one dose. Including asymptomatic, I could see 100 million infections, which would be around 140 million and 41%.
OregonDonor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think we're over the hump. Fingers crossed.

twindux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OregonDonor said:

I think we're over the hump. Fingers crossed.


It's not like this is just "flip a switch and make more doses." Here's an article about some of the obstacles to ramping up production

https://khn.org/news/article/after-billions-of-dollars-and-dozens-of-wartime-declarations-why-are-vaccines-still-in-short-supply/
OregonDonor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
twindux said:

OregonDonor said:

I think we're over the hump. Fingers crossed.


It's not like this is just "flip a switch and make more doses." Here's an article about some of the obstacles to ramping up production

https://khn.org/news/article/after-billions-of-dollars-and-dozens-of-wartime-declarations-why-are-vaccines-still-in-short-supply/


Oh, for sure it's not going to be a flip of a switch. Just saying, we seemed to have peaked in mid January when we were getting 250,000k new cases a day. We've steadily been going down since. I think we're averaging around 70k a day the past week. Hopefully deaths will be following that downward trend in the coming weeks and months.
ORNative
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anybody know how much the Pharms are making in the selling of the Vax?

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people. - Jack Handy
onaduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
twindux said:

OregonDonor said:

I think we're over the hump. Fingers crossed.


It's not like this is just "flip a switch and make more doses." Here's an article about some of the obstacles to ramping up production

https://khn.org/news/article/after-billions-of-dollars-and-dozens-of-wartime-declarations-why-are-vaccines-still-in-short-supply/
Interesting article, thanks for posting.
twindux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ORNative said:

Does anybody know how much the Pharms are making in the selling of the Vax?


Quote:

Moderna, a two-dose vaccine, recently announced each dose will go for around $32 to $37.

The Pfizer vaccine, also given in two doses, is expected to cost $19.50 a dose.

Each dose for Johnson & Johnson's two-dose vaccine will cost an estimated $10, and AstraZeneca's two-dose vaccine could be the cheapest at just $3 to $4 a dose.

Novavax's two-dose vaccine is estimated to be $16 a dose.

SOURCE

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-much-will-it-cost-to-get-a-covid-19-vaccine#How-much-each-dose-will-cost
twindux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GorgeDuck said:

ORNative said:

13% of the population vaccinated.
77% drop in Covid infection.
55% of the population has been infected with Covid to date.

1) Senior Cits were the main issue and are now vaccinated.
2) 55% is translating into herd immunity with + the seniors vaccinated
3) ?

77% drop in not solely due to 13% being vaccinated.
Where are you pulling your random 55% from?

There have been around 30M confirmed cases, which is only about 9%. Even accounting and adjusting for asymptomatic cases that never got confirmed with a test, no one thinks that number is near the 150M that you would need to get you to your 55% infected.


Here's a source that uses the 55% number Ornative mentioned above. I hope he's right.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731

Quote:

In large part because natural immunity from prior infection is far more common than can be measured by testing. Testing has been capturing only from 10% to 25% of infections, depending on when during the pandemic someone got the virus. Applying a time-weighted case capture average of 1 in 6.5 to the cumulative 28 million confirmed cases would mean about 55% of Americans have natural immunity.

About the author:

Dr. Makary is a professor at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Bloomberg School of Public Health,
ORNative
How long do you want to ignore this user?
twindux said:

GorgeDuck said:

ORNative said:

13% of the population vaccinated.
77% drop in Covid infection.
55% of the population has been infected with Covid to date.

1) Senior Cits were the main issue and are now vaccinated.
2) 55% is translating into herd immunity with + the seniors vaccinated
3) ?

77% drop in not solely due to 13% being vaccinated.
Where are you pulling your random 55% from?

There have been around 30M confirmed cases, which is only about 9%. Even accounting and adjusting for asymptomatic cases that never got confirmed with a test, no one thinks that number is near the 150M that you would need to get you to your 55% infected.


Here's a source that uses the 55% number Ornative mentioned above. I hope he's right.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731

Quote:

In large part because natural immunity from prior infection is far more common than can be measured by testing. Testing has been capturing only from 10% to 25% of infections, depending on when during the pandemic someone got the virus. Applying a time-weighted case capture average of 1 in 6.5 to the cumulative 28 million confirmed cases would mean about 55% of Americans have natural immunity.

About the author:

Dr. Makary is a professor at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Bloomberg School of Public Health,


Thanks twindux.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people. - Jack Handy
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.