Downtown Portland Rioting

47,468 Views | 1961 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by LikeLamike
onaduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OregonDonor said:

Duckwad said:

lol. The situation is not funny, but looking at those two holding those guns and giggling at about how "legal gun owners are responsible and know how to use their weapons." lol.

I know lots of gun owners. Sure, a lot of them are perfectly responsible and know their weapons inside and out. I also know lots of gun owners who have no business and have done little more than go to the gun range a couple of times.
Jsduck
That couple will be branded right wing nutt jobs forever, but the truth is they give a lot of donations to the Democrats.
onaduck
predatorduck said:

OregonDonor said:

predatorduck said:

OregonDonor said:

Duckwad said:

Good, they broke into their private property. They should be able to protect their property how they see fit.

Is that what's happening? Looked like they were just walking down the sidewalk.
Also here's another good example of how being racist to White people is totally accepted. Calling then Ken and Karen is like calling a black couple Shaniqua and Jamal. But hey black people are the only ones that face racism right!
lol. This is gotta be satire, right? You can't be being serious here. lol.
onaduck
Jsduck said:

That couple will be branded right wing nutt jobs forever, but the truth is they give a lot of donations to the Democrats.
Can somebody post an explanation for what's actually going on here? This is the first I've seen of any of this.
Jsduck
Just reading the comments, it sounds like the Major lives in this same gated neighborhood. The protesters were going to his house. The gate they went through, is right next to this couple's house.
Duckwad
Jsduck said:

Yeah, a lot of very wealthy people donate to both parties (Candidates of both parties) to make sure they have avenues of influence no matter who is in office.
Duckwad
onaduck said:

Jsduck said:

Can somebody post an explanation for what's actually going on here? This is the first I've seen of any of this.

BLM protestors are calling for the resignation of the Mayor of St Louis. The were marching To the Mayor's estate in a gated community when this event occurred.
Jsduck
Duckwad said:

Jsduck said:

Yeah, a lot of very wealthy people donate to both parties (Candidates of both parties) to make sure they have avenues of influence no matter who is in office.

So not wanting to admit they are D?
Duckwad
Jsduck said:

Duckwad said:

Jsduck said:

So not wanting to admit they are D?

I don't know their political affiliation nor have I seen definitive proof of their extent of donations or all the political donations they make. If they're staunch democrats (they may very well be), that doesn't change my opinion that they're morons. I was commenting that it's common practice for wealthy folks to make sure their political contributions allow them access to power regardless of their ideologies. There's a huge amount of morons who vote for Democrats and plenty of conservatives who I find are good people, with palatable ideologies. For instance I find Justin Amash and Will Hurd to be reasonably principled people who I could find a lot of common ground with. I'm sure you and I would find plenty to agree on and would have an enjoyable time sharing some bbq and a few beers. I'm a pretty reasonable person, who has worked in the construction industry for 20+ years. It's a daily occurrence that I'm aggravated by the ineffectiveness of bureaucracies and the over reach of government institutions. I'm also socially very liberal (I'm sure you can tell). I'm opposed to people brandishing guns in the faces of others unless there's imminent danger. I'm sure these folks could have stayed inside and nothing of note would have occurred.
Jsduck
My comment was more tongue in cheek. I just know what I read, don't know anything really about them. It sucks that's how they will be viewed forever now though. It's clear they are just 2 scared people, who didn't know how to handle that situation.

OregonDonor
I don't care what political affiliation they have. They look like idiots and vastly overreacted at the sight of black people in their sacred neighborhood.

People like PredatorDuck keep bringing up looting and vandalism, like we should all fear protesters are going to emulate general Sherman burning down Atlanta during the civil war.

I saw vandalism and looting the first week or so(some of which were not BLM people). I've seen very little, if any, of that since then. Maybe I've just missed it, but it seems like any protests that have been going on have been peaceful until police attack them or some freak starts shooting into the crowd or driving their car into crowds.

akaTheo
Jsduck said:

My comment was more tongue in cheek. I just know what I read, don't know anything really about them. It sucks that's how they will be viewed forever now though. It's clear they are just 2 scared people, who didn't know how to handle that situation.

I keep seeing these events and wondering when it became normalized that an acceptable response to people walking by is to walk out with guns to protect property. Why is the first reaction, "these people are a danger, I better go get a gun in case I need to kill them."
LikeLamike
OregonDonor said:

I don't care what political affiliation they have. They look like idiots and vastly overreacted at the sight of black people in their sacred neighborhood.

People like PredatorDuck keep bringing up looting and vandalism, like we should all fear protesters are going to emulate general Sherman burning down Atlanta during the civil war.

I saw vandalism and looting the first week or so(some of which were not BLM people). I've seen very little, if any, of that since then. Maybe I've just missed it, but it seems like any protests that have been going on have been peaceful until police attack them or some freak starts shooting into the crowd or driving their car into crowds.

Exactly.

Also, the first rule of gun safety is to treat EVERY weapon as if it is loaded and to NEVER point your gun at anything you don't intend to shoot. Those two were incredibly reckless with their firearm and deserve all the criticism coming their way. This is coming from a 2A supporter. **** those two.

onaduck
akaTheo said:

Jsduck said:

I keep seeing these events and wondering when it became normalized that an acceptable response to people walking by is to walk out with guns to protect property. Why is the first reaction, "these people are a danger, I better go get a gun in case I need to kill them."
There was a time pre Columbine "cold dead hands" when guns were considered tools not toys and you had your various hunting tools and the pistol you kept under your seat or in your house for protection. You didn't get to own a gun unless you knew how to handle it, tear it down, clean it, load it, and safely bear it. The pistol for protection never came out unless it was you had to use it situation because you were worried about the safety of human life. And elders constantly lectured about safety and responsibility and never point it at people unless you were scared for your life or the lives of your loved ones.

Then the gun lobby went full on soldier of fortune and everybody needed to load up because freedom from tyrannical government and gun rooms and tannerite and have fun and look cool and be bad ass. Locked and loaded. Conceal and carry. Suburban housewives need guns to go out and get the paper because danger everywhere. Obama is going to take them all away from you and new laws are coming so buy, buy, buy. Property is something you earned and is more important than human life. Somebody on your property? Shoot 'em. Everybody is out to get you.

Next thing you know Ken and Karen here are standing on their stoop pointing their guns at the back of each other's heads.

For every responsible gun owner, there's at least one who doesn't know what they're doing and who bought a gun because, hey cool, or I'm scared, and they have a right to ownership, but they don't know what they are doing.

I'm full on second amendment, but there are way too many Ken and Karen's out there, and second amendment defenders have a responsibility to pressure those people to get properly trained and quit calling stuff like this responsible gun ownership.
GorgeDuck
predatorduck said:

Duckwad said:

They were on their way to protest at the Mayor of St Louis' estate. What gate did they break down? Video? They entered a gated community.

Looks to me that they had no right to be there. After all the looting and destruction do you really blame that couple for fearing them? Imagine waking up and going to your porch and seeing a mob of pissed of people at your front door.

That neighborhood is in Portland Place, which has been designated a National Historic District, which means that the neighborhood is technically on public land. As long as the protesters are staying on the street and sidewalks, and not actually at people's front doors (which you suggest but there is no video evidence of that being the case), then they have every right to be on those streets. The signs and gates to these areas are often placed by the residents as a way to keep out people, but they have no legal standing as the common areas of the neighborhood are absolutely public property.
Mosster47
predatorduck said:

Duckwad said:

They were on their way to protest at the Mayor of St Louis' estate. What gate did they break down? Video? They entered a gated community.

Looks to me that they had no right to be there. After all the looting and destruction do you really blame that couple for fearing them? Imagine waking up and going to your porch and seeing a mob of pissed of people at your front door.

Someone being on your property or even destroying your property is not assault rifle territory. If you shoot someone destroying your property on camera you're going to prison 100% of the time.

That was just a dumb move by these people. It would make way more sense to stay inside and if the people outside made their way inside they could at least have an argument of deadly force.

I get standing outside with a gun is the classic Billy Badass move, but it's incredibly stupid. The only person that's going to lose in that situation is the one with the gun.
PlayQuaction
Mosster47 said:

Someone being on your property or even destroying your property is not assault rifle territory. If you shoot someone destroying your property on camera you're going to prison 100% of the time.

Agree on it being dumb, and charges are likely coming for the woman in this case. But:

1) Extraordinarily unlikely it's an assault rifle.

2) MO is a castle doctrine state. You are entitled to defend your property as long as you remain on your property. If you're you use lethal force while defending your property from a mob of people it's unlikely a jury is going to convict.
TrumpDuck
Impressive to see everybody tear apart the two clowns protecting their home but didn't hurt anybody... yet nobody here has anything to say about the murderers who have actually killed people during these protests.

OregonDonor brought you up one in another thread but he will move on from the topic because his narrative was proven wrong.

Duckwad
DuckScoop said:

Impressive to see everybody tear apart the two clowns protecting their home but didn't hurt anybody... yet nobody here has anything to say about the murderers who have actually killed people during these protests.

OregonDonor brought you up one in another thread but he will move on from the topic because his narrative was proven wrong.

Good thing we've got you around to protect the good name of white supremacists.
Dougts
At this point we should all agree that chaz/chop was a disaster and terrible idea from the start. Something tells me we won't though....

TrumpDuck
Duckwad said:

DuckScoop said:

Good thing we've got you around to protect the good name of white supremacists.

Who am I protecting? I called that couple in St Louis clowns and the guy in the video OregonDonor shared was Latino.

Please fill me in.
TrumpDuck
Who am I protecting? I called the couple from St Louis clowns and the guy in OregonDonor's video is Latino sooo
Duckwad
OregonDonor
DuckScoop said:

Who am I protecting? I called the couple from St Louis clowns and the guy in OregonDonor's video is Latino sooo

Jesus dude. Get over it. No one here is saying he was a white supremacist. The link I shared was the only one I saw of the video, and I didn't even notice the original guy said he was a white supremacist. He could have been an anarchist for all I know.

The point is that it was a disgusting act. Luckily there was someone armed in the crowd that shot him before he killed more people.
PlayQuaction
OregonDonor said:

DuckScoop said:

Jesus dude. Get over it. No one here is saying he was a white supremacist. The link I shared was the only one I saw of the video, and I didn't even notice the original guy said he was a white supremacist. He could have been an anarchist for all I know.

The point is that it was a disgusting act. Luckily there was someone armed in the crowd that shot him before he killed more people.

***?? Scoop justifiably took exception to someone accusing him of defending white supremacists and you're telling him to "get over it"?
Duckwad
PlayQuaction said:

OregonDonor said:

DuckScoop said:

***?? Scoop justifiably took exception to someone accusing him of defending white supremacists and you're telling him to "get over it"?

He posted a eugenics article a couple weeks back, claiming black people are more aggressive and have lower IQs because of the pigmentation of their skin. He doesn't need your rescuing. OD also is referring to a 3 or four post exchange on another thread.
PlayQuaction
Duckwad said:

PlayQuaction said:

OregonDonor said:

DuckScoop said:

He posted a eugenics article a couple weeks back, claiming black people are more aggressive and have lower IQs because of the pigmentation of their skin. He doesn't need your rescuing. OD also is referring to a 3 or four post exchange on another thread.

Not privy to any of that. Link to the thread? I'm surprised hop let him stick around if your description is accurate.
Mosster47
PlayQuaction said:

Duckwad said:

PlayQuaction said:

OregonDonor said:

DuckScoop said:

Not privy to any of that. Link to the thread? I'm surprised hop let him stick around if your description is accurate.
Hop never comes over here. He has also banned that guy a bunch of times already, but he always comes back with a new name and a crisp $10 bill.
OregonDonor
Man I'm watching this game right now. So good!

GorgeDuck
PlayQuaction said:

Duckwad said:

PlayQuaction said:

OregonDonor said:

DuckScoop said:

It was this thread...like Duckwad said, it was a week or two ago. But the post was deleted by a mod (Jhop?)...I know because my reply to him calling him a deplorable P-O-S for posting it also got deleted.

DuckScoop (PeoriaDuck) has shown his true stripes in this, and other, threads on multiple occasions, so yeah, like others have said, trying to defend him or his agenda here really isn't a good look. I haven't followed the whole back and forth between him and OD, so I can't really speak to the nature of this squabble, but by no means is Scoop an innocent bystander here.
Yosemite Sam
PlayQuaction said:

OregonDonor said:

DuckScoop said:

This OT site is awesome. I get to see how people really think. So many deplorable people.

BTW won't be seeing your posts anymore.
PlayQuaction
Yosemite Sam said:

PlayQuaction said:

OregonDonor said:

DuckScoop said:

This OT site is awesome. I get to see how people really think. So many deplorable people.

BTW won't be seeing your posts anymore.

Some of you have lost your damn mind. Where are these deplorable views of mine?

I'm supposed to intuit that the guy is a racist from a deleted post that I never saw? And because I challenge someone calling him a racist before even hearing about it when there's nothing racist in a particular comment, I'm a racist too???

Okay.
DMVDUCK
Dougts said:

At this point we should all agree that chaz/chop was a disaster and terrible idea from the start. Something tells me we won't though....

Oh I think we can agree it was a terrible idea and a poorly executed one at that. I'll never understand the Seattle pd giving up the area because they didn't feel like it that day ? ***?
LikeLamike
PlayQuaction said:

Mosster47 said:

Agree on it being dumb, and charges are likely coming for the woman in this case. But:

1) Extraordinarily unlikely it's an assault rifle.

2) MO is a castle doctrine state. You are entitled to defend your property as long as you remain on your property. If you're you use lethal force while defending your property from a mob of people it's unlikely a jury is going to convict.

I love this being a defending point.

1. It is still a rifle. It shoots .223 Caliber

2. 100% protect yourself and your property. However, they did not need to go outside their house and start pointing their guns at people. It is just reckless and dangerous. Also, terrible look for responsible gun owners.
PlayQuaction
LikeLamike said:

However, they did not need to go outside their house and start pointing their guns at people. It is just reckless and dangerous. Also, terrible look for responsible gun owners.

Definition of the phrase "Lawful but awful". I'd be shocked if the lady didn't catch charges for pointing the gun though I'd guess she'll likely dodge a conviction or plea down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.