OT-A Supercomputer Analyzed Covid-19 and an Interesting New Theory Has Emerged

636 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by OregonDonor
ChrisMcCulley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
https://elemental.medium.com/a-supercomputer-analyzed-covid-19-and-an-interesting-new-theory-has-emerged-31cb8eba9d63

"In this sense, Covid-19 is like a burglar who slips in your unlocked second-floor window and starts to ransack your house. Once inside, though, they don't just take your stuff they also throw open all your doors and windows so their accomplices can rush in and help pillage more efficiently."...

"And Covid-19 has another especially insidious trick. Through another pathway, the team's data shows, it increases production of hyaluronic acid (HLA) in the lungs. HLA is often used in soaps and lotions for its ability to absorb more than 1,000 times its weight in fluid. When it combines with fluid leaking into the lungs, the results are disastrous: It forms a hydrogel, which can fill the lungs in some patients. According to Jacobson, once this happens, "it's like trying to breathe through Jell-O."...
Noclue2017
ChrisMcCulley said:

https://elemental.medium.com/a-supercomputer-analyzed-covid-19-and-an-interesting-new-theory-has-emerged-31cb8eba9d63

"In this sense, Covid-19 is like a burglar who slips in your unlocked second-floor window and starts to ransack your house. Once inside, though, they don't just take your stuff they also throw open all your doors and windows so their accomplices can rush in and help pillage more efficiently."...

"And Covid-19 has another especially insidious trick. Through another pathway, the team's data shows, it increases production of hyaluronic acid (HLA) in the lungs. HLA is often used in soaps and lotions for its ability to absorb more than 1,000 times its weight in fluid. When it combines with fluid leaking into the lungs, the results are disastrous: It forms a hydrogel, which can fill the lungs in some patients. According to Jacobson, once this happens, "it's like trying to breathe through Jell-O."...

We keep waking up from a nightmare, to find we are in a worse nightmare.
Honestly, the more we learn about this virus the more it seems to be like it's sentient and is just f'ing with us.

It's like it is playing chess while research is playing checkers......you find one things and then discover it's doing three other things too.......each just as bad or worse than what they first thought.

No way it was created by humans......we arent smart enough to make something that good (and by good I obviously mean horrible and destructive in every way, with virtually nothing wasted it seems)
LumberDuck
RHC2000 said:

Or its just a really bad flu that zero college kids have died from without comorbitities. Funny how there have not been a bevy of outbreaks in the grocery stores. I don't have a spleen and could give 2 hoots about this. Larry Scott should be fired immediately and football should start during the first week of Oct.

Stand back a doctor has entered the chat - SMH
KeepOnDucking
RHC2000 said:

Or its just a really bad flu that zero college kids have died from without comorbitities. Funny how there have not been a bevy of outbreaks in the grocery stores. I don't have a spleen and could give 2 hoots about this. Larry Scott should be fired immediately and football should start during the first week of Oct.

stumptown
RHC2000 said:

wubba lubba DUB DUCK
ChrisMcCulley said:

This is an awesome article. As a member of the scientific community, thank you for sharing Chris!
BayDuck
Mods are posting this **** now?
Noclue2017
BayDuck said:

Mods are posting this **** now?

SMH
It seems apparent you DIDNT read the article
PlayQuaction
Noclue2017 said:

No way it was created by humans......we arent smart enough to make something that good (and by good I obviously mean horrible and destructive in every way, with virtually nothing wasted it seems)

While I don't think the virus was "man-made" I tend to prescribe to the theory that it was "man-nurtured". It doesn't seem unlikely that it was a naturally occurring virus that was being actively experimented on and cultivated as a part of China's SARS/MERS research that escaped due to their notoriously lax safety procedures and the extraordinary infectiousness of the virus.

It would explain the fact it kicked off right next to a coronavirus research lab, the high degree of contagion, the long latency, silent infection, and excellence at spreading indoors.
OregonDonor
ChrisMcCulley said:

[HLA is often used in soaps and lotions for its ability to absorb more than 1,000 times its weight in fluid. When it combines with fluid leaking into the lungs, the results are disastrous: It forms a hydrogel, which can fill the lungs in some patients. According to Jacobson, once this happens, "it's like trying to breathe through Jell-O."...

Jeez. Trying to breath thru jello sounds like a nightmare! I'm so glad no one I know had symptoms like that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.